Headaches, Migraines & Physiotherapy
Headaches can be caused by problems arising from the neck, or from physical and emotional tension. Physiotherapists can successfully and holistically treat headaches originating from the neck or soft tissues and show you how to prevent the pain recurring.
Following are some reasons as to why your neck may be causing a headache:
- associated with neck pain. Does the pain radiate from the back (your neck) to the front of your head?
- with dizziness or light-headedness
- brought on or worsened by neck movement or staying in the same position for a long time
- which always feels worse on the same side of your head
- eased by pressure to the base of the skull
- which persists after your doctor has checked for other causes*
Headaches from other causes
If migraine, allergic reactions or other factors are likely to be causing or contributing to the headaches, your physiotherapist will recommend that you see a medical practitioner. There may be a musculoskeletal component that can be significantly managed by physiotherapy; this will also be assessed **.
If you are experiencing painful headaches, neckaches or migraines, it is vital that you have your condition assessed by a physiotherapist at Club Physio and Pilates.
Book online here Appointment or give us a call on (08) 9297 6197 to book your appointment today.
* See this link for recent positive research supporting physiotherapy for neck-related headache:
** See these links for emerging positive research in support of physiotherapy for migraine/tension-type headache:
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.